• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RedCello

RedCello

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hi all, I'm so happy to find this forum and am hoping to get some help.

My husband is a UK citizen in the USA on a spousal visa. He has been employed since July 1st at $15.39 an hour. We would like to move back to the UK asap and we currently have no savings.

I am unsure how the officer will calculate his hourly earnings and if he will meet the financial requirement. He gets overtime and bonuses but it is my understanding that these are excluded from the calculation? He also was unpaid all of last week due to being sick. He should still earn 9,300 pounds within 6 months of being employed but if they use the lowest weeks wage then he won't, due to being sick.

Does anyone know how this is calculated?

He will have a job offer from his father, who owns a record store in the UK. Any issue with that? He previously worked for his father before moving to the USA but that was with a autoshop business that his grandfather owned.

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • br

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Well he earns about 10 pounds per hour so 40 hours per week at 52 months = 20,000 per year. That's all well and good but what is the job at the record store? Is it managerial? The average shop worker salary in the UK is 13K rising to 17K (in London) so if it's obvious that he will be working for his father it will need to be made clear this is not a ruse to get around the rules.

#3 RedCello

RedCello

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Yes, it will be a job offer to take over the store I think. His parents use to go to Italy for months at a time so it will be to run the shop. Also, it is my understanding that he only needs an job offer to be approved. I say this because he would likely look for another job once hes there.

Also, he technically has been working for them since he arrived here a year ago. He does little jobs online and sends them records for their shop, and they deposit the money onto a post office travel card. Its never equal or done at any specific time, just whenever he does a batch of work. Can this be used to support his income. Its probably $10,000 over the last year and I thought that if it could be used, it would be supporting evidence for the job offer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users