My question is with regards to the documents that are needed to be sent with an MN1 application.
I understand that the birth certificate of the child is one of NEEDED documents that can be provided.
But do both parents require to send in their passports, the form or the guide doesn't make it clear?
I'm asking this because when I was skimming the guide last time I couldn't remember seeing any information with regards to what the parents need to provide to assist with the application, I noted that below highlighted points is what the guide advises to send.
• Child’s full birth certificate AND
• Child’s passport of entry to the United Kingdom, and any subsequent passports AND
• Parents’ marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
Please note - only include children who are not already British
• If one of the parents does not agree to registration a letter explaining their reasons.
• If the application is being made by a guardian, evidence of their right to do so, such
as a deed, will or court order.
But what happens if the parents are not married. The child was born in the UK so there will be no passport he/she would've used for entry into the UK.
Edited by El Padrino, 15 December 2012 - 08:44 PM.