Jump to content




Photo
- - - - -

Travelling While Waiting For Ilr


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MattGTV6

MattGTV6

    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • england

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hi all,
My 27 month spouse visa expires at the end of Jan 2013, I've been trying to book a PEO appointment for some time now but there are never any slots and judging by what I've read about the UKBA backlog on forums and in the news I doubt this will get any better. I'm due to travel in the middle of Feb 2013 which is why I'm trying to book the PEO and not applying by post. I've read that asking for ones passport back during the application process effectively nullifies the application, I understand this was due to the ILR being endorsed in the passport itself. I've been told that this is no longer the case and the ILR is NOT endorsed in the passport anymore. Would this enable me to travel while my application is being processed? I've read that during the application process my immigration status remains the same as it is now. Could anybody please shed some light on this for me?
If I'm not able to travel while the ILR is being processed is there a way for to me extend my spouse visa to facilitate my travel in Feb? Any further info on this would be much appreciated as well.



#2 Victoria

Victoria

    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Leaving the UK when the application is with the UKBA constitutes a withdrawal of the application.

An extension takes the same length of time as ILR so there is no advantage to extending.

#3 MattGTV6

MattGTV6

    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • england

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hi Victoria,
Thanks for the quick reply. So effectively we're saying I should cancel these flights sooner rather than later as there really is no way around this?
I'm going to continue trying to book an appointment for the next few days after which I'll just apply by post I think.

#4 Victoria

Victoria

    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

That's right.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users