Jump to content

- - - - -

Applying As Category G, Self Employed - Please Advise!

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NicolaStar


    New Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Location:usa
  • us

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

My husband is a classical musician and a dual US/UK citizen. As a soloist, he works by contract and hence not salaried. I am a US citizen and we are hoping to move our base to the UK.

My question is, in applying under category G (two years of self employment) he has earned, on average, over 18,600 a year. However, about half of that money was earned in the US. He paid US taxes on that income and UK taxes on what he earned in the UK and the EU. It is unclear to us if this is acceptable.

He already has several contracts in the coming year with major UK opera companies, so he would be able to prove on-going self employment.

I assume from the forms that my US income is not taken under consideration.

We also have savings but again I don't believe they apply here.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

#2 Victoria


    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Possibly, yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users