Jump to content

- - - - -

Previous Marriage - Further Action Needed?

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anna212


    New Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Location:usa
  • us

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

My husband, a UK citizen, was previously married to an American. Six years ago he acquired a spousal Visa for her. They resided in the UK for six months and then returned to the US (they never pursued permanent residency or citizenship for her). They were divorced four years ago.

We are now applying for my Visa. My question is, will the divorce certificate suffice? Or do we need to go about invalidating her visa? She lives in the US with her new husband and has no intention of returning to the UK.

Thank you for any advice!

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

    Prefered Member

  • Global Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro
  • br

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Divorce cert. and new marriage cert. is sufficient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users