Photo
- - - - -

Relationship Breaking Down Whilst Partner Waiting For Setm Ilr?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SHAZZIE

SHAZZIE

• Platinum Members
  • 60 posts
  • england

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hi

Need professional advice regarding a painful delima I have found myself in.

The issue is my relationship with my unmarried partner is breaking down whilst we are waiting for a decision on his ILR which was put in in September 2012. This relationship has been up and down since he arrived in June 2010 for various reasons but are still living together at my home and trying to resolve our differences.

I still love him deeply and I know he loves me but I feel if he gets the ILR then he may see no reason to try and work through our issues and may take the option to end the relationship and leave our home, and this would mean so much time, money and energy would have been wasted.

Please note I do not believe he used me to get the visa I just know he has found it difficult in settling in United Kingdom.

I do not want to stop the ILR because I know he can achieve so much more here in the UK and I feel if he was to get an Extension on his Visa instead of the ILR then we could work through these issues whilst we wait until the next time he can apply for the ILR

Is it possible to contact the UK Border and advise them of the issues with the relationship and request they give him an Extension not the full ILR?

Thanks in advance

#2 SkillClear

SkillClear

SkillClear Work Permit, Tier 1 HSMP and UK Immigration Services

• UK Immigration Consultants
  • 5,750 posts
  • uk

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Seriously?

#3 Alban

Alban

• Platinum Members
  • 597 posts
  • il

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Counselling its helpful to recover from love failure, not UKBA

#4 Shawshank

Shawshank

• Active Members
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • england

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

You the one who my want to use him .

#5 magpie

magpie

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 619 posts
  • uk

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hi Shazzie

Further Leave to Remain if you are still in a subsisting relationship, and can meet the other requirements. Form FLR (M)
Agree totally with Alban's post. You went through a lot to be together, i really hope you can work it out.

Or have the confidence to apply for ILR ( as it does seem from your post that you are still together, ) as i think if you don't this might be a big stumbling block that could affect both of you in terms of trust and confidence.

Good Luck x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users