Jump to content

- - - - -

Unemployment, Housing Benefit With Neutralization Application

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 guydenim


    New Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • uk

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

I am on ILR on Uk spouse, I am gonna qualify for neutralization in July 2013. I have no job since first week of november applied for job and still waiting for replies, my wife working part time and we have two kids, 22 month and 3 month old. Now I am struggling to run my family. I went to council they suggest me to apply for unemployment benefit as well as housing n council tax benefit.

My question is if i now start taking all the above benefits and apply for neutralization while taking these benefits would it effect my application? If i will get a job after 3-4 months and stop taking benefits before apply for neutralization, would it still effect my application?

My second question is if i keep my ILR status and may be after 5-6 years would i easy get neutralization or i will have to apply straight after 3 years (2yrs on spouse n 1yr on ILR)

Please advice me as i am so worried and received final notice for council tax leads to court notice.


#2 SteveG


    Immigration Lawyers

  • Active Members
  • 280 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Midlands & Worcestershire
  • Interests:Accredited immigration specialist

    Waldrons Solicitors

    01384 811 811

    Waldrons Solicitors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA number 564439.
  • england

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:19 AM


Claiming benefits won't be a problem for your naturalisation application.The requirements can be found on the UKBA website here

No-one could really say what your chances will be in 5-6 years unfortunately, because the rules may be very different then.

#3 guydenim


    New Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • uk

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Thank you steve for your valuable reply. I request Victoria as well and other experienced forum members to shine some light on it and give me her suggessions

Thank you once again

#4 Victoria


    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

If I had anythign to add, I would.

#5 Mutly


    Prefered Member

  • Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • ad

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

With ILR, a British spouse and three years of legal residence you are eligible. Make sure you were in the UK on the date three years before the date the HO receives the application, that's the necessary residence period.

Form AN asks if you're employed. This is only used to check if any tax you might need to pay is being paid. It doesn't matter whether you work or not, and with ILR you can claim any benefit you're eligible for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users