Photo

Eea4: How Can I Track The Return Of My Passport?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thebestmelon

thebestmelon

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • england

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hi, I submitted my EE4 application 2 months ago and last Friday I emailed them to request my passport to be returned, because I plan to travel with my EEA spouse to his home country for Christmas. I have only received an automated email from Liverpool Euro Passport Return of the UKBA. Does anyone have the experience of contacting the UKBA to find out if they have posted the documents back? I rang them this morning at 08450105200 but the staff is not very helpful; he only directed me to the online request for return of documents for all applicants--not even EEA specific. Do they consider your travel plan to post the documents back accordingly? (I have provided a special delivery envelope in my application.)

#2 Pumpkin70

Pumpkin70

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • uk

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

No way of tracking. You either sit tight and wait or contact your MP for leverage if the UKBA have not actioned your request in 10 working days.

#3 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

If it's not urgent (eg. medical) then unfortunately it can take a few weeks, although it varies. Some countries issue second passports, so that may be worth checking with the embassy of your country of citizenship, but if you don't have a COA, returning may then be an issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users