Jump to content

- - - - -

Want To Live In Uk - Usa Citizen & Polish Citizen

EEA Family Permit

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aleshayakoviv


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Location:London
  • england

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

I want to marry my fiancée who is a polish citizen, and i an american citizen.
We can't get married in the UK as I am considered a visitor, however, last year we lived together under the same lease in the UK when I was a student last year.

We have more than sufficient money (£100k+ in cash/ assets) but neither of us have employment at the moment.
We plan to get married in Denmark.
Afterwards, I am guessing that we will want to apply for a UK EEA Family Permit?

What do we do afterwards, when do I fill out this form and what do I say upon arriving in the UK?

If anyone know how to make this situation work as we really want to live together in the UK/London
-Let me know if you can help.

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

    Prefered Member

  • Global Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro
  • br

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

If you are in the UK now you can marry and then remain; there is nothing to prevent this.

EEA permit is only used to enter the UK so you would need to apply for this if you marry in Denmark and not if you marry inside the UK. You can apply for a residence card (after the marriage) using EEA2 from inside the UK.


As your partner is not employed or studying (and if he or she has not already qualified a permanent resident of the UK) you would both be required to have comprehensive sickness insurance to qualify for a residence card and if you expected to include your residence in the UK into any qualifying periods that lead to permanent residence.

#3 aleshayakoviv


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Location:London
  • england

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

-But If we get married in Denmark as planned, and plan on living together in the UK as we have been living together for the past two years. (I stopped my studies 4 months ago so now am considered a visitor).
-In short, we are were living together officially, we have paid our council taxes in full, she is a resident and we are getting married in Denmark in one month.
-After that upon returning to the UK what is the procedure for me to obtain a residence?

#4 SteveG


    Immigration Lawyers

  • Active Members
  • 280 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Midlands & Worcestershire
  • Interests:Accredited immigration specialist

    Waldrons Solicitors

    01384 811 811

    Waldrons Solicitors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA number 564439.
  • england

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:43 AM


It would be the same as Gentlemen of Leisure said, you'll need to apply using form EEA2 but you both need to have comprehensive sickness insurance before applying (again, assuming your partner hasn't already qualified for permanent residence)

Edited by SteveG, 22 December 2012 - 01:44 AM.

#5 Victoria


    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

If you marry in Denmark you shouldn't then re-enter as a visitor but should apply for the family permit.

#6 sah10406


    Prefered Member

  • Global Moderators
  • 5,949 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London
  • uk

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

(I stopped my studies 4 months ago so now am considered a visitor).

Do you mean you left the UK at the end of your student leave, or having left your course before the end, then you re-entered the UK as a visitor?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EEA Family Permit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users