• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Asghars

Asghars

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • england

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

Im living with my parents and siblings at the moment and no its not over crowded or anything like that. I would need something from an estate agent to ensure this. Secondly i also have my marriage certificate, in english and urdu certified by a union council. Alongside a few of my wedding invitations.

I just feel like my case is not strong enough, just wanted to ask if there was anything im missing? How can i make the application stronger?

#22 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,142 posts
  • br

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Im living with my parents and siblings at the moment and no its not over crowded or anything like that. 

Yes, but you will have to prove that!  If it's currently not just you in house or a self-contained flat you will need to show who else lives there and reconcile that with what space (rooms vs occupants) is available for your partner when he arrives in the UK

#23 InderjitKhera

InderjitKhera

• Active Members
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:456 Stratford Road
    Birmingham
    B11 4AE
    Tel : 0800 652 7559
    E mail : immigration@sehgal-solicitors.co.uk
  • england

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

hence the estate agent report!!!!!

also you would need permission from your parents to live there

#24 Asghars

Asghars

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • england

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Ok
Thank you for everything. I shall pop down to my local estate agents and get it sorted ASAP!
Apart from that do you think i would need anything else?

#25 magpie

magpie

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 619 posts
  • uk

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

Hi

I would say that you need a letter from your parents as well confirming that you can stay with them and have a room for yours and hubbys sole use. In light of you living with family, get the estate agent report. I got one a good few years ago, although not in same position as you with extended family living with me.

You are including letters and phone chat records from after your marriage, what about before your marriage. How did you start your relationship how did you communicate before your marriage, and did you meet before your marriage. If not, then explain all this in your supporting letter.

Don't bother with DVD's, they don't watch them!

Also have you included your employment contract?

Flight tickets etc from when you went to get married, and any other visits if applicable.

P60

Job vacancies currently advertised in your area which your hubby could apply for.

Hubby's current job details just for info

Are the copies of your passports certified by a solicitor?

Letters from family and friends supporting your relationship and who are aware of you as a couple. They need to put their passport numbers on the letters.

You need to do a supporting letter as well as your solicitors letter. Break it into sections. Give the story of how you met and how / why you decided to get married, why you decided to live in the UK. Then cover each immigration rule, explaining how you feel that you staisfy each rule and what supporting evidence you have included in your application to demonstrate this.

Also talk about your plans when your hubby comes to live in the UK, what are you planning, jobs, homes, holidays, shared leisure pursuits, shared dreams, goals for the future, all the things that a genuine couple would have discussed. This would help you satisfy the intent to live together, which is difficult to demonstrate.

Your letter will help the ECO understand your relationship, so they don';t make assumptions.

Good Luck

#26 Asghars

Asghars

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • england

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

Thank you so much magpie that has really helped me alot. X

#27 JTEdinburgh

JTEdinburgh

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • england

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

Best of luck with your visa application. I have heard horror stories of applications being refused due to the tiniest of infringements. If you (and anyone reading this) has seen the stress and anguish caused by the new laws, could you take a minute or two to sign this petition?  

https://www.change.o...isas#supporters

If everyone pitches in a little and we gain enough support, this petition could be a great resource in the fight for fairer immigration laws.

#28 fabiha

fabiha

• Active Members
  • 145 posts
  • england

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hi

Please Join This Petition

Thanks

Edited by fabiha, 22 December 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spousal visa, marriage, financial requirement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users