• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sonia234

sonia234

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

I am a discharged bankrupt (discharged few months ago) now i want to apply for british naturalisation but i am worried about my application been rejected.
I had to opt for it as myhusband lost job and i was the only working member in the family. As man says i need to provide discharge certificate/ confirmation letter from my Accountant at bankrupcy(AB), do i have to ask my AB to put on the letter my reason for opting this bankrupcy?
If my application is rejected, will i ge refunded any fee?? as this fee is far too much for me and i would like to have a refund (atleast some of it) if i declare my bankrupcy?

also my husband has signed debt management, what are his chances?? i know he needs to get letter from his debt mgt company but just wondered if we can apply together or should it be seperate?? as i dont want them to think these guys are useless an reject his as well.

We are financially more than better now as we both have good jobs and no debts on me and he has debt mgt. Therefore we have lot of savings per month and very happy about it but do i need to show my financial statement as well as a proof of financial stability?

Does anybody have any idea for a success rate of bankrupt naturalisation application?

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice.

#2 ali5890

ali5890

• Active Members
  • 170 posts
  • gb

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

This following link may help have a read:
http://www.ukba.home.../goodcharacter/

It also outline this:
Your financial background

We will check that you pay income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask HM Revenue & Customs for confirmation of this. If you do not pay income tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) you should send a Self Assessment Statement of Account with your application.
If you have been declared bankrupt at any time you should give details of the bankruptcy proceedings. Your application is unlikely to succeed if you are an undischarged bankrupt.

With regards to your husband, He doesn't need to disclose that he is on debt management.

With regards to refunds of fee- The home office never refunds any application fees, apart from the ceremony fee (Around £80 as I recall)

You are discharged bankrupt, so your application should be ok, Also your husband's application should be fine.

All the best.

Edited by ali5890, 23 December 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#3 sonia234

sonia234

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Thanks Ali

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users