- I hold dual nationality: Moldovan (non EU) and Romanian (EU), and am currently enrolled in an undergraduate university course.
- I started said course on the 25th of September 2010, under a 3-year T4 visa, using my Moldovan passport.
- In may 2011 I obtained my second nationality.
- Upon reentering the UK on the 24th of September 2011, I used the Moldovan passport and visa again, when going through border control, as I did not have the romanian passport on hand. (note: I did however hold the nationality at this point).
- Took comprehensive sickness insurance from a private firm on the 5th of October 2011, received new romanian passport by post over the course of the first term.
- Left the UK for Christmas using MD passport (to match the entry passport)
- Returned to the UK on the 7th of January 2012 using the Romanian passport and going through UK/EU customs. Henceforth, all my future travels involved the use of the romanian passport.
As to the questions:
1. For the purposes of PR, when does my qualifying period starts: on the 5th of October 2011 (took Health Insurance) or the 7th of January 2012 (first entry using EU passport)?
2. When answering question 8.1 in the EEA3 application form: :’’…Please give the date and place of your first arrival in the UK." Does this pertain to my entry as a EU citizen, a EU citizen using a EU passport or an earlier date?
3. For question 7.1 in the EEA3 application form: :’’… Please tick one or more of the boxes below to show the way(s) in which you/your EEA national has exercised Treaty rights for the past 5 years and give relevant dates." - If choosing the Student option, would the starting date be the 5th of October 2011 (EU, sickness insurance taken, but entry with a non EU passport) or the 7th of January 2012 (EU, insurance and entry with EU passport)? Or are they looking for the date when I started the course, all the way back in 2010?
Thanks in advance!!
Edited by browncat, 23 December 2012 - 02:23 PM.