4 replies to this topic

#1 invinciblec

invinciblec

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • uk

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hi
I am a British Citizen currently residing in UK. I have been married for 10 years and I want to bring my husband to uk. I had the following questions and would be grateful if someone could help me out.
I was residing in Iran until recently as my husband and I decided to move to Uk. According to the new laws we need to show that I have a job and am earning £18600 yearly. Currently I dont have a job but I am working as a volunteer. I am not using any benefits from the govt and am paying for my accomdation, bills and taxes myself. I needed to know how can I bring my husband here through a spouse visa. I also wanted to know that if we have sufficient savings in iran that will be a little above £20000, a house can we apply through showning our bank statements for getting a spouse visa? Can you please guide me through the procedure and what applications do I need to fill? Thank you.

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,100 posts
  • br

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

The savings threshold in lieu (in replacement) of an income of 18.6K is, in fact, 62.5K. The income must have been on-going for six months, or the savings must have been held for the same period. Currently, you are out on a limb with regard to qualifying for a settlement visa.

#3 invinciblec

invinciblec

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • uk

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Thank you for your reply but can you please clarify more openly so that i can understand it more better .

#4 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,100 posts
  • br

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

You do not meet the financial requirements. You will have to find a job that pays a suitable salary or find cash in lieu of this. This may involved liquidating your fixed assets (selling the house). There is no alternative.

http://www.ukba.home...pdf?view=Binary

#5 adelachouri

adelachouri

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • dz

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

I HOPE THIS MAY HELP

3.6. Meeting the financial requirement through “adequate maintenance”

3.6.1. Where the applicant’s partner is in receipt of Carer’s Allowance or any of the following
disability-related benefits in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial
requirement at that application stage by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance”
rather than meeting an income threshold.
• Disability Living Allowance.
• Severe Disablement Allowance.
• Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
• Attendance Allowance.

10 3.6.2. The evidence needed to demonstrate that the applicant’s partner is in receipt of a specified
benefit is specified in Appendix FM-SE of the Immigration Rules:
12. Where the applicant's partner is in receipt of Carer's Allowance, Disability Living
Allowance, Severe Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit or
Attendance Allowance, all the following must be provided:

(a) Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions confirming the
entitlement and the amount received.
(B) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of
application, showing payment of the benefit or allowance into the person's account
3.6.3. The applicant will not need to meet a minimum income threshold. Instead, the applicant is
required to demonstrate that they will be adequately maintained without recourse to public
funds. The relevant guidance is set out in IDI Chapter 8 section 1.7a. This does not allow
the applicant to rely on promises of third party support or prospective employment or job
offers.
3.6.4. An income threshold will apply at the next application stage if the applicant’s partner is no
longer in receipt of one of these benefits at that time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users