Photo
- - - - -

Lost Original Expired Passport Will This Affect Ilr?

lost passport

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jojeba

jojeba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

Have my appointment for ILR this week. I've been in the UK for 9 years - after the first 4 years I renewed my ancestry visa and was given a Biometric Residency Permit. So that was 5 years ago.
My old passport expired 3 years ago and I got a new one. But very recently I have realised I've lost my expired passport. (It's definitely lost.)

Someone at the home office told me it shouldn't matter as long as I have the visa and passport to cover the last 5 years. 

Obviously my passport doesn't cover that so I am looking up proof of travel for any time I've left the country for those two missing years.

I'm really not sure what else to do, and whether this is going to affect my application. With three days to go until my appointment I am really really stressing out.

Has anyone been in this position? Or have any useful advice?

Thanks everyone!  x

#2 magpie

magpie

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 620 posts
  • uk

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

Your brp
covers the last five years though. do you have a photocopy of your old one from your earlier applications. In any case they will have it on their records, along with your immigration history so I wouldn't worry .

#3 Ereveicedia

Ereveicedia

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • ad

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

Весь интернет в панике, пропало приложение для Apple, любители Iphone и Ipad не могут пользоваться любимой социальной сетью, а все потому что...

#4 jemima

jemima

• New Members
  • 3 posts
  • uk

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

thank you so much! anyone else had a similar situation? thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users