12 replies to this topic

#1 afrokichi

afrokichi

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • england

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hey everyone, 

So glad I stumbled upon this forum because Google can only help so much. 

Anyway a little backstory, I'm Indonesian passport holder and I've lived in the UK since 2008 (student visa, another student visa, then PSW which expires in 03/09/14 XD) and I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6 years and we've been living together for 3. He's a dutch passport holder but he was born and bred in London. So I'm applying to extend my visa through the FLR (M) as unmarried partner. If I'm wrong please correct me. However, I've been reading around the forums that if at any time there's a 'gap' in our living situation that that would not look good on the application? We lived together on years 2010-2011(Nottingham), 2011-2012(Leeds), and 2013-2014(London). The gap of 2012-2013 is because I graduated my masters and he still has to stay and work in Leeds while I bounced to London in search of a job. Although for about 4-5 months he did relocate to London and stayed with me but he didn't forward any of his bills there so there would no way of proving us living together.

So in regards to evidence, do I provide documents for all the times we have lived together and specified that we lived in separate places for one year or just provide documents for 2010-2011 and 2011-2012? 

Additionally, I desperately need some clarification on the items of correspondence. We needed at least 4 items with both our names AND 2 separate items each stating that we lived at the same address OR 6 separate items. yes indeed? And they would have to account for 2 years? Would one tenancy agreement count for one item? so two tenancy agreements for 2 flats would count as two items of evidence right? or one because it accounts for us living together for 2 years? We also have council tax and utility bills together (dont remember where those papers are but can always call the gas/water company). so would gas bills at 2 properties (accounting for 2 years) count as one? or two? 

Do you see my confusion!

I greatly appreciate any sort of useful information and help.

Thanks! 

Edited by afrokichi, 07 August 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#2 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 11,013 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

If your partner has Dutch nationality, why aren't you applying under EEA regulations instead of UK law? 

#3 afrokichi

afrokichi

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • england

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

I have no idea there is such a thing... what's the difference? is it easier? I thought because he's considered British by birth I would have to go through this route. 

Could you give me more information about it? 

#4 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 11,013 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Does your partner have dual nationality - British and Dutch?

#5 afrokichi

afrokichi

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • england

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

he has a Dutch passport but British birth certificate. he said he doesn't have dual nationality.

#6 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 11,013 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

Then he can apply under EEA regulations which are more flexible. No requirement for minimum earnings or proof of language. It's the same 5 year route to permanent residence as it would be under UK rules and no huge application fee.  I'll move this to the EU forum. You'll still have to prove a 'durable relationship' but I believe you may get away with the gap when applying for an EU permit. Wait for advice on others. 

Is your partner employed or studying? 

#7 afrokichi

afrokichi

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • england

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

Oh I see. Thats very good news then. What is the visa called? Just so I can read up on it. 

He's currently working. Has been with his currently employer for over a year. We weren't worried about minimum earning because he earns quite a bit for the both of us.

#8 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 11,013 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

Here's the link you need:

https://www.gov.uk/g...-card-form-eea2

#9 afrokichi

afrokichi

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • england

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

wait is this for real? that's a huge differences in fees. 

And it says for family members? Just to be clear, my boyfriend and I are not married. Would we still qualify? Could you also guide me to the site where I can find more information in regards to the different application forms under EEA regulation and eligibility. 

And thanks so much for all your help so far Susi! :D

#10 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 11,013 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Yes, there is a considerable difference in the fee. Neither would you have to pay the extension  fee in 2.5 years or for permanent residence (ILR) in 5 years time. You would be considered as an extended family member.Have a read through this guidance to Immigration Officers and in particular point 11.

https://www.gov.uk/g...ly-permit-eun02

Also note the following which maybe easy to miss in point 9: Durable partners = Unmarried Partners

Extended family members must be wholly or mainly financially dependent on the EEA principal to meet his or her essential needs in order to qualify for an EEA family permit (durable partners do not need to provide evidence to show dependency on the EEA national). Emotional dependence to the EEA national would also be expected in order for an extended family member to qualify for an EEA family permit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spousepartner, family, documents, eligibility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users