12 replies to this topic

#11 afrokichi

afrokichi

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • england

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

This is great thank you. 

So do we have to provide evidence that my partner earns (thismuch) in a year and I earn (thismuch) in a year so it comes up to (thismuch)?

Also Ive been reading the forums and someone stated that EEA2 is not a visa. What does that mean? Is it just a permission to STAY in the UK but not permission to ENTER the UK? This sounds a bit ludicrous but if I wanted to go on holiday out of the country, can I come back in with the EEA2? 

#12 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,998 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

An EEA2 isn't termed a visa but is a family permit under EEA Regulations. You would be free to travel. There is no minimum earnings level or English language requirement. Although the EEA route still requires a 'durable relationship' to show co-habitation of at least 2 years, refusals when a couple have been living together for less have been been successful on appeal. Under UK rules the 2 year co-habitation period is mandatory. You stand more chance of your gap being overlooked under EEA regs if you submit documented evidence of the whole period you've been living together. 

#13 afrokichi

afrokichi

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • england

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

Awesome! thanks a million. 

off topic questions, does having an EEA permit means that you can travel EU without schengen or is it just solely for the UK? 

and do you have any idea in regards to the second part of my initial question? about the items of the correspondence and the ins-and-outs of it? I've read the guidelines and I can't find a straight answer. 

Maybe I'll put up another thread haha. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spousepartner, family, documents, eligibility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users