2 replies to this topic

#1 Lily

Lily

• Platinum Members
  • 79 posts
  • co

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

Hello

I have been on ILR for 12 months and I have living in England for the last 7.5 years. I'm planning to apply to Naturalisation this month but I have an issue with the Residence Requirements (section 2 form AN).

I have been absent from the UK  187 days in the last 5 years which meet the required criteria.  However, due to my mother illness I have been absend 104 days in the last 12 months:

• 88 Days in Colombia visiting relatives and caring my terminally ill mother (who sadly passed away 3 weeks ago)
  • 4 Days in Portugal on Holidays
  • 12 Days in Thailand for Holidays

TOTAL 104 ABSTENT DAYS IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS

I would like to call my case within the absences for compelling compassionate reasons but not sure what type of documentation should I need to present.  I have Dr.Notes that were given to my employer stating I was 'not fit to work due to family illness'  and my mother's death certificate.   Would be that suficient?

I've read that the Home Office disregard any abscences below 100 days but to absences over 101 days you need to show you have to show strong links to the UK.  I'm a full time employee (2 employers in the last 6 years) and I'm a non-married partner of a British National.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and give me any guidance

#2 Lily

Lily

• Platinum Members
  • 79 posts
  • co

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

Hello

I got an approvala for Citizenship, about a month lather than average times I have been here.

I applied on the 18th March , got the approval letter on the 11th August

Liverpool.

#3 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 11,013 posts
  • uk

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

Hello Lily. Apologies that you appear not to have received a reply to your original query and sorry for your loss. Good news that your BC application has been approved and thanks for updating the forum. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naturalisation, ILR, excess abseces, residence requirements, 90 days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users