Jump to content


Sending Graduation/degree Certificate Vs Registry Letter:

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dino1980s


    New Member

  • Platinum Members
  • 10 posts
  • england

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:21 AM

Hi everyone,


I hold a degree from UK university (Aston University) and would like to claim my knowledge of English on the basis of this degree as well as the period of claiming Treaty Rights as a student.


In order to proof that I have graduated in English (and at the UK university) I have obtained a stamped letter from the university Registry confirming the above along with dates, my home address at the time, graduation date etc.


my questions are:

1) Will the letter from the Registry suffice or do I still have to send a Degree Certificate?

2) what should I put as the end of a period as a student: course end date or graduation date (which was 4 months later)



I've been looking through Guide AN and found the attached.

The first OR would suggest that to confirm knowledge of English it is either a B1 certificate or (point 4 towards the bottom:) SENDING A (UK in my case) DEGREE CERTIFICATE with a letter from University that it was taught in English PLUS "plus and original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming that the equivalent level of your degree" -which I don't know whether it applies and what does it mean (it does not look to be written well).

I'm really confused. Please help: how does it work in practice, will a letter from the university Registry confirming that I have graduated from the course taught in English be enough or do I have to send my original degree certificate?

Also, what does this NARIC requirement mean? -Do I need to attach anything else if I have graduated in English in the UK?

Attached Files

Edited by Dino1980s, 18 March 2015 - 01:09 AM.

#2 LGeorge


    New Member

  • Platinum Members
  • 32 posts
  • Location:kerala
  • in

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

If you hold a degree from a UK univesity , that is enough for english language eligibility . NARIC letter is for those who got a non-UK degree .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users