8 replies to this topic

#1 Shami1232

Shami1232

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • af

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:25 PM

Hello all
I'm new to this forum please help me. About 2 and half months ago I apply for a spouse settlement visa together with my son about 2 weeks ago I got a reply from British high commission in Islamabad they grant a visa to my wife but refuse my son reason for refusal that I send insufficient evidence to proof that he is my son they give me a chance to appeal against the decision within 28 days. Now my question is can I ask the British high commission to reconsider the decision if I do the DNA can I deal with British high commission directly or do I have to go through the court solicitor is asking for £900 i think that is too much just for forwarding the DNA certificate to them can I do this myself and that is the procedure to ask them to reconsider the case based on new evidence.
Thank you

#2 vinny

vinny

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7,882 posts
  • ch

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:34 AM

What evidence did you supply?
They must authorise any DNA testing.

#3 Shami1232

Shami1232

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • af

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

Thanks vinny
I supply birth certificate with translation birth certificate only show father name which is me in Afghanistan they don't put mother name on certificate and photograph

#4 InderjitKhera

InderjitKhera

• Active Members
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:456 Stratford Road
    Birmingham
    B11 4AE
    Tel : 0800 652 7559
    E mail : immigration@sehgal-solicitors.co.uk
  • england

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:47 AM

i have had this happen for one of my client's recently. you can lodge an appeal (they may not reconsider without the dna evidence and you may run out of time) saying that you will forward the dna evidence shortly. you can ask for the appeal to be heard on the papers which will only cost around £80.00

i use Cellmark who i have to say have always been excellent but there are many out there who are approved by the High Commission.

good luck 

#5 Shami1232

Shami1232

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • af

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

Thank you for reply
Do I need a solicitor for this or can I do it my self do I need to go to court?

#6 InderjitKhera

InderjitKhera

• Active Members
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:456 Stratford Road
    Birmingham
    B11 4AE
    Tel : 0800 652 7559
    E mail : immigration@sehgal-solicitors.co.uk
  • england

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

Its entirely up to you.

if this was the sole reason to refuse i don't think a solicitor is needed.

if you request a paper hearing then you wont need to attend court. the embassy will overturn the decision on receipt of DNA evidence.

i can help at a fraction of the cost if you don't feel comfortable doing the matter yourself. 

#7 Shami1232

Shami1232

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • af

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Yes that is the only reason they refuse my son visa
It say on the letter they are not satisfy with the evidence that I supply to proof that mrs ------------- which is my wife is the mother of the child and me as the father have not provide any evidence that I will be the sole responsebility for his up bringing in the uk that's what it say on refusal letter

#8 Shami1232

Shami1232

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • af

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:59 PM

How does it take for court to process appeal and take payments I appeal nearly 2 weeks ago still no payments has been taken could you please share your experience.

Thanks

#9 Shami1232

Shami1232

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • af

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

Hi
I apply for spouse visa for my wife and a child my wife was granted a visa but my child was refused reason for refusal that I did not provide sufficient evidence to proof that the child Is mine I appeal against the decision I send the court only the letter I recieved from DNA company (cell mark) to proof that we are in process of doing DNA to proof that the child is mine the court has taken the money now DNA result has come the result proof that I am the biological father of the child and my wife is the biological mother of the child.
My question is can I send the DNA result directly to entry clearance officer or send it to court?
Yours help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users