3 replies to this topic

#1 Aman singh

Aman singh

• Platinum Members
  • 54 posts
  • england

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:23 AM

Hi all,

I am Indian and am in a process of divorce with my wife who is German. I got my permanent residency in Nov 2010 and am living in UK from Oct 2004. My Indian Passport is about to expire and I want to apply for Naturalisation. My divorce case is still in process and it will take a bit of time (approx 6 months) to be finalised. 

I have no idea which will be best way to apply for naturalisation:

- EEA Route 

- or on my own?

- Should I put my ex name on the application as I have still not received my final decree absolute (confirmation for divorce)

- my references on the application are two of my colleagues both of them are HCPC (Health and Care professionals Council) registered Social Workers working for the same council (civil services), will this suffice or do I need some other reference?

-I have been advised to send application via NCS so that I do not make any mistake, and fortunately it is in the same council where I work.

I have been in employment and is currently working with local council as Assessment Officer.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Aman.

Edited by Aman singh, 08 May 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#2 Aman singh

Aman singh

• Platinum Members
  • 54 posts
  • england

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

No reply? Seem everyone is busy! :-(

#3 Aman singh

Aman singh

• Platinum Members
  • 54 posts
  • england

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:24 AM

any help will be appreciated. Could any of the experienced people please help. Do I need to send all the papers/documents from last 5 years or will my permanent resident stamp be enough.

I also read this in Guide AN. is this also applicable for Family members from EEA state.

FOR APPLICANTS FROM SWITZERLAND OR THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA Evidence of Nationality •

Your valid passport or valid EEA national identity card as evidence of your nationality. Evidence that you are considered permanently resident in the UK • A document certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card issued by the Home Office.

Please Note: Whilst the submission of a document certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card is not mandatory, failure to submit one may lead to delays in reaching a decision on your application.

If you do not provide a document certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card then you must provide the following for consideration:

• Evidence of exercising Treaty Rights for 5 years for the relevant EEA national. This may include: – P60 tax certificates covering the relevant period of 5 years – Employer’s letter confirming employment over the relevant period – Benefits letter confirming job seekers’ allowance claimed throughout the relevant period of 5 years – Benefits letter confirming incapacity benefit claimed throughout the relevant period of 5 years – Documentary evidence confirming pension received throughout the relevant period of 5 years"

Edited by Aman singh, 19 May 2015 - 12:56 PM.

#4 Aman singh

Aman singh

• Platinum Members
  • 54 posts
  • england

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:15 AM

Hello all,

Just as an update, as I think no one knows answer to my query:

I made a call to Nationality enquiries 0300 number and spoke to Tom, adviser. He advised me that I can apply on my own without problem if I have Decree Absolute otherwise I need to have my Ex details on the passport. 

He also stated that as I am already living in this country legally from last 10-11 years and have my 'document for permanent residence' from Nov 2010 I just need to send last year documents of employment and residence and this will take approx 4-6 weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users