Jump to content


Eea (Pr) Application By Stay-At-Home Mum

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jjb


    New Member

  • Platinum Members
  • 9 posts
  • uk

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:39 AM

Dear experts,


My wife holds an EEA passport and has been permanently living in the UK since September 2007.  She has only worked for a few weeks towards the end of 2007 during which time she registered with the Job Centre Plus and for National Insurance.  In June 2009 she became pregnant with our child and has been a stay-at-home mum ever since.  During all this time (the past 8-and-a-half years), we've been living together and I have been financially responsible for her.


We now want to submit an application for a Permanent Residency certificate for her - EEA (PR).  How can she demonstrate that she has been exercising EU Treaty Rights when she has not been in employment?  Does being a full time mum qualify?


Any advice or information would be appreciated.


Thank you and kind regards.

#2 Susi


    Prefered Member

  • Global Moderators
  • 11,016 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:tunbridge wells
  • uk

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:53 AM

Being a full time mum doesn't qualify for exercising her Treaty rights unfortunately. In order to the 5 year period residence period to qualify for PR she would need to have held Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) or an EHIC card from her home country. Alternatively, is she covered by any company private health insurance that you may have? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users