Jump to content

- - - - -

Hb And Ct Benefit Problem

EEA Family Member

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 misiawoo


    New Member

  • Platinum Members
  • 7 posts
  • Location:Northampton
  • gb

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

A bit confused now around 3 years ago I did have enquiry and went for advice to Citizen Advice bureau at the time I only been in uk for over 2 years I'm eea dependent family member of eea national who is qualified person also I been receiving PC sine 2012 and I been told in Citizen bureau that i have seme right as my family to claim benefits i'm not living with my family but i been care and look after
Got little flat from Housing Assiotiation at the time when i was signing rental agreement i did say that I'm not sure if I'm eligible for HB and CT
And as I understood they would check if I'm. After a week or a bit longer I got information that I been awarded both. My query is now as been in contact with Community Law serices and spoke with immigration solicitor LEVEL 2 relating to other enquiry and been told that I could only claim those if I was pernament resident not only as family member with right of reside I did enquiry again with Citizen Advice Beauro and still been told that I have rights to claim as family member as long qualified person lives and work in uk. I just worry now that maybe I shoudnt been awarded those I'm going to see benefit adviser next week as worry so much how this all works? I did say at the time that I'm not sure if I'm entiled/eligible
Did some check it? Anyone can help? Is this mistake?error? I didnt give any wrong imformation

Edited by misiawoo, 29 July 2016 - 03:07 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EEA Family Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users