5 replies to this topic

#1 lyk

lyk

• Active Members
  • 63 posts
  • gb

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:52 PM

Hi all,

I have been waiting for this moment when i share my good news. I am so so happy that finally, I can be free to come and go.

Coincidentally I phoned the HO yesterday and they said a decision has been made on my case and sent to my solicitor on Wednesday, I was shocked. I had goose bumps straight away as it felt like it will never happen. I was not sure whether the decision was granted or refused. Finally my Solicitor confirmed we (Me and 3 children) were granted 2.5 years although I was a little disappointed, I wanted 5 years or ILR but better than nothing. Asylum refused.

Card came today in normal post to our address but only two of my children came, mine and one child didn't come. Is that normal? Will it come later?

We don't have passport, can i apply for travel documents as its a nightmare to get one from my country and also my children were born here, my country does not recognise them as their citizen.

Thank you friends, and to you all still waiting, I pray yours will follow soon.

#2 filinta

filinta

• Active Members
  • 138 posts
  • gb

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

Congratulations.not worry your kids documents and status.you will get it very soon.yes you can apply travel documents.is it first or second dlr?when did you apply?good luck u and your family.

#3 lyk

lyk

• Active Members
  • 63 posts
  • gb

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:58 PM

Hi filinta, thanks

I applied for Asylum August 2013. I don't know whether i should say this is first or second DLR but in July 2014, they gave us only 6 months LTR and refused Asylum. Expired in January 2015 but I put in a renewal in December 2014. No decision until 21 September 2016, we got the 2.5 yrs. 

Oh I have just looked we can't use TD to our own country and it will cost four of us nearly £600. Wow, I don't know what to do

#4 Ali110

Ali110

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 662 posts
  • england

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

Hi lyk

if u hae been granted on the basis of asylum then u cant go back to ur country untill u get British passport

in case u have been granted on the basis of asylum then u can ask them to issue Travel document instead of BRP

cause this BRP is no do for travel on it Own

so give a lil push and see if they give u Travel Docs

and have u been allowed for Public Funds ?

By the way congrats that u can work and no one can exploit u any more

Ali

#5 lyk

lyk

• Active Members
  • 63 posts
  • gb

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:14 PM

Hi Ali
Thank you. I was granted on the basis of private and family life. My asylum was refused and I have the BRP card. I have spoken to my solicitor today and she said I have to apply for passport for my country first and if they refuse me I should take the refusal letter to home office to apply for travel certificate. So I am going to try that.

Yes I can claim public funds.

Thanks.

#6 luqi

luqi

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 656 posts
  • gb

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:38 AM

Hi Dear,

Congrats to you and your family. 

if your asylum refused and you got granted on the basis of private family life establish in uk you are allow to go back home on your national passport. Home office will not issue you own travel card (BLUE PASSPORT)as you are not granted as refugee.

NOTE: you can apply for BLACK PASSPORT as travel document which will cost you more and also you have to assure home office your own national country refused to make your NATIONAL passport and you have to give reason why your national authorities refused.

Just to let you know i got refused to get black passport and i was not refunded. because my national authorities fail to give me written refusal. i hope it helps you.

Edited by luqi, 28 September 2016 - 02:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users