• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 commet4u

commet4u

• Platinum Members
  • 74 posts
  • uk

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:42 AM

My children holds French passport; they were born in France. However most of the pregnancy period mum was in England only went to give birth there. Mum holds a French passport and I have a British passport which I acquired through EEA route.

I would like to apply for naturalisation for the children but not mother. Which application shall I do? EEA PR or any other route?

#2 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,988 posts
  • uk

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:08 PM

Does the child's mother hold PR? 

#3 commet4u

commet4u

• Platinum Members
  • 74 posts
  • uk

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

I have been though the MN1 form and it is a straight forward naturalisation process. Isn't it.
They haven't asked for my employment history. However there is a column (13.3) where they ask for EEA parent excersising the territory rights.

Now as I said to you earlier, my ex-wife has not been working since I got the permanent resodency. Precisely since February 2014. Will it affect my application.

We are separated (not legally). But children lives with me. Should I include her on the application.

Do you have any link to read more about the MN1 application process.

#4 commet4u

commet4u

• Platinum Members
  • 74 posts
  • uk

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

Please reply

#5 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,988 posts
  • uk

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:12 PM

Patience! 

You can no longer sponsor your wife as you now have British citizenship. She needs to confirm whether she acquired PR before your sponsorship ceased. 

I suggest that she applies for a Subject Access Report (SAR) to confirm whether she has PR or not. 

https://www.gov.uk/g...and-immigration

Your children are unable to register for British citizenship until the less privileged parent (in this case their mother) has settled status. i.e PR as they were both born outside of the UK. 

#6 commet4u

commet4u

• Platinum Members
  • 74 posts
  • uk

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

I am bit confused. Should I include mother in the application of MN1. I am only applying for children's nationality. Children are living with me not mother.

With regards to her PR - I got my EEA Permanent residency after completing 5yrs that she excersised territory rights. Which was in February 2014. Since then she never worked. She was fultime mother.

#7 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,988 posts
  • uk

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

The children can't register for BC until their mother holds PR, regardless of which parent they are living with.  You need to confirm whether she has acquired PR or not. 

The residence status of both parents is required on the MNI application. 

#8 commet4u

commet4u

• Platinum Members
  • 74 posts
  • uk

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

Is there any other routes? The fact I got my PR in February 2014 based on her. isn't it based on her PR?

#9 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,988 posts
  • uk

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

If you both have PR you will have to submit your wife's Document Certifying Permanent Residence (DCPR) and your non-EEA national PR Card with the MN1 applications.   

#10 commet4u

commet4u

• Platinum Members
  • 74 posts
  • uk

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

Patience! 

You can no longer sponsor your wife as you now have British citizenship. She needs to confirm whether she acquired PR before your sponsorship ceased. 

I suggest that she applies for a Subject Access Report (SAR) to confirm whether she has PR or not. 

https://www.gov.uk/g...and-immigration

Your children are unable to register for British citizenship until the less privileged parent (in this case their mother) has settled status. i.e PR as they were both born outside of the UK.

As you are advised we are applying for SAR form for my ex-wife, it doesn't show an option for requesting status of PR or not. Shall I used fast track or normal SAR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users