3 replies to this topic

#1 Mrdc007

Mrdc007

• Platinum Members
  • 221 posts
  • england

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Hi All

My wife will be applying for her Citizenship and would like to know what evidence is required for proof of residency? She will be sending her Life in the UK test results and her Certificates of English courses she has done. She has recently opened a bank account which she can send. She doesnt have any utility bills in her name apart from bank statement. What else can be provided to satisfy this element?

Thanks

#2 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,986 posts
  • uk

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:36 PM

Hi All

My wife will be applying for her Citizenship and would like to know what evidence is required for proof of residency? She will be sending her Life in the UK test results and her Certificates of English courses she has done. She has recently opened a bank account which she can send. She doesnt have any utility bills in her name apart from bank statement. What else can be provided to satisfy this element?

Thanks

If your wife is submitting her passport or travel document, alternative proof of residence shouldn't be required. 

If you apply through the Council NCS for a small fee, her documents will be checked for validity before submitting the application. She will also be able to keep her original documents and the new JCAP service enables her to submit her passport application at the same time, meaning there will be no need to attend an interview before the passport can be issued. 

#3 Mrdc007

Mrdc007

• Platinum Members
  • 221 posts
  • england

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

Thank you for your reply susi. Where can i get more information on JCAP service as I cant find it on internet or Birmingham city councils website?

#4 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,986 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:06 PM

You'll need to call Birmingham NCS to find out whether they are offering the JCAP service. They don't show this on the list in the link, but they may have added it recently.

https://www.gov.uk/g...ecking-services

You'll see that Wolverhampton council offer the service

http://www.wolverham...ish-Citizenship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users