Photo

Urgent Deadline Given By Home Office - Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mrdc007

Mrdc007

• Platinum Members
  • 226 posts
  • england

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

Hi 

Would be very grateful if you could advise. 

My wife has submitted her application for Citizenship.  The Home Office have come back stating the she needs to send proof of Entry 3, Grade 5 level as the certificate she sent was ESOL Entry 3 (Speaking & Listening) from Trinity College London which she thought was sufficient is not acceptable. She was also told to send in her passport or evidence to prove she was resident in the UK between 02/12/2013 and 12/02/2015. Both of these requests (Proof of Entry 3 Grade 5 and proof of residence for above period) must be sent back to the Home Office by no longer than 1st February 2017. It states in the letter she received; Consequently, failure to send these documents/information by the given date will result in the application being refused.  

My wife has sat her Entry 3 Grade 5 speaking exam today (25/01/17) and has passed. However the certificate will take up to 7 working days to arrive. I have been given a UER Number by Trinity College London however the lady I spoke to said I should not give this UER Number to the Home Office before the certificate has been issued as the Home Office may not be able to verify it. This is my dilemma. What can I do to get a few days extension for the dead line? 

With regards to proof of residence she has a letter from the college where she was studying which will confirm the proof of residence and she is also waiting tax credit award notices for the above dates to arrive hopefully by Friday 27th January or Monday 30th January. 

If everything she requires arrives on Tuesday 31st January then she can send the proof next day special delivery and its all good. However, what if she doesn't receive the documents by the 31st January? Isnt there a way she can get around this situation? Surely, the Home Office can extend it a few more days?  

Please Help. 

#2 Mrdc007

Mrdc007

• Platinum Members
  • 226 posts
  • england

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

Wheres everyone gone? Not normally like this to not respond??

#3 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,998 posts
  • uk

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

I suggest that rather than not responding in the given time that you submit the reference number and explain that your wife is waiting for the certificate to be received.
Then send the certificate as soon as you have it.

Are you claiming WTC correctly in JOINT names?

#4 Mrdc007

Mrdc007

• Platinum Members
  • 226 posts
  • england

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

Hi Susi 

Thank you for responding. Yes I am claiming WTC in joint names. Will that be ok?

#5 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,998 posts
  • uk

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

No problem as you're claiming correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users