1 reply to this topic

#1 a1977capri

a1977capri

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • uk

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

Hi All

My wife and my daughter are naturalized citizens of UK and they have British passport. I hold Indian passport and had Indefinite Leave to Remain. We three came to India 5 years back.

Now i want to come back to UK for long term. Is my ILR still valid or do i need another visa?

If ILR is valid then how can i confirm it. If not, which visa do i need to apply?

Please guide me about it.

Thanks in Advance

#2 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 11,025 posts
  • uk

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

Your ILR was lost on spending 2 years outside of the UK. You will have to start from the beginning and apply for a spouse settlement visa. If granted this will put you on a 5 years route to ILR (2.5 + 2.5 years).

Your wife (as your sponsor) will have to meet the minimum earnings level in the UK of £18,600 per year unless you have £62,500 in savings, held in an accessible account for at least 6 months.
Otherwise your wife will have to return to the UK ahead of you and once she has 6 months payslips + the corresponding bank statements showing that she has met the minimum income level of £18,600.
If your wife is working in India and can submit evidence of earning the equivalent of £18,600 for the 6 months prior to submitting the application AND has a confirmed job offer to start within 3 months of arrival in the UK, again meeting the £18,600 earnings level you can apply to re-settle in the UK at the same time.

Your income in India or job offer won't be considered, but joint savings will qualify.

You will also have to pass the A1 level English test from an approved UKVI test centre.

In addition to the visa fee you will have to pay the £600 NHS surcharge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users