• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#1 gezimalia

gezimalia

• Active Members
  • 205 posts
  • uk

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

Has anyone or do you know someone who has aplied for Further Leave to Remain and had their case dealt by Case Resolution Team.

I am 24 years old and I have been in UK for 9 years, since I was 15

I applied in January for Further Leave after my 3 years discretionary leave expired, but I have been told that my case falls under the legacy cases.

It would normally be between 3 to 6 month for Active Review Team to make a decision on the application for Further Leave but Case Resolution says they don't know when that is going to be untill July 2011.

I would like to hear if someone on my possition has had their application decided by Case Resolution Team and how long did it take.

This post has been promoted to an article

#2 iraqimmigrant

iraqimmigrant

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • uk

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

My case is a legacy as well but I am still waiting,nobody really knows how long they will take to decide the cases.

Did you ring them?

Iraqimmigrant

Has anyone or do you know someone who has aplied for Further Leave to Remain and had their case dealt by Case Resolution Team.

I applied in January for Further Leave after my 3 years discretionary leave expired, but I have been told that my case falls under the legacy cases.

It would normally be between 3 to 6 month for Active Review Team to make a decision on the application for Further Leave but Case Resolution says they don't know when that is going to be untill July 2011.

I would like to hear if someone on my possition has had their application decided by Case Resolution Team and how long did it take.

#3 gezimalia

gezimalia

• Active Members
  • 205 posts
  • uk

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

My case is a legacy as well but I am still waiting,nobody really knows how long they will take to decide the cases.

Did you ring them?

Iraqimmigrant

Yes I have spoken to them many times but they ask me to write to them. I have been given the details of the team who is dealing with my case.

#4 tic-tac

tic-tac

• Active Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:41 PM

I am exactly in the same position as you, the whole process seem ridiculous to me, you've got to move on with your life but now your whole life is on hold while you are aging at the same time.
I have been waiting for 3 years now since i applied for my further leave to remain and i have not heard anything at all, i dont even know if my case is one of the legacy cases.
You are right, keep praying because 2011 is a long way from now.
Good luck

#5 pathaniprincess07

pathaniprincess07

• Active Members
  • 158 posts
  • uk

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

Hi there gezimalia
I just read in one of your posts that you are somali.
My husband is also somali. We got our FLR(M) refused but we recently got a questionnaire through the post which we sent back the other day so we are still waiting on that.

#6 ashyyyyy

ashyyyyy

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • uk

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:21 AM

I am exactly in the same position as you, the whole process seem ridiculous to me, you've got to move on with your life but now your whole life is on hold while you are aging at the same time.
I have been waiting for 3 years now since i applied for my further leave to remain and i have not heard anything at all, i dont even know if my case is one of the legacy cases.
You are right, keep praying because 2011 is a long way from now.
Good luck

hie tic-tac

so when yu phoned the legacy cases did they tell you your case is a legacy case or not coz i know some peolpe who applied asylum ages ago but their cases have not been recognised as legacy cases. i dont know how they are selecting these case. its so strange

#7 gezimalia

gezimalia

• Active Members
  • 205 posts
  • uk

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

Hi there gezimalia
I just read in one of your posts that you are somali.
My husband is also somali. We got our FLR(M) refused but we recently got a questionnaire through the post which we sent back the other day so we are still waiting on that.
[/quote]

I am from Kosovo. When did ou apply for FLR and when did you get the refusal.

#8 gezimalia

gezimalia

• Active Members
  • 205 posts
  • uk

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:00 PM

please find attached some information received by CRD uner the freedom of information act. I hope the attachment will work

Attached Files

#9 iraqimmigrant

iraqimmigrant

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • uk

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

thanks gezimalia for this important document,very much appreciated.

Iraqimmigrant

please find attached some information received by CRD uner the freedom of information act. I hope the attachment will work

#10 ashyyyyy

ashyyyyy

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • uk

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

thanks for the information gezimalia. it really helps according to page 2 of that document it looks like pple who have applied to extend their discretionary leave to remain wil have 100% chances of getting ilr. its now a matter of when they will deal with the applications for singles and how they are goin to priorities the cases for singles.

well well well lets wait and see what they are going to say abt these legacy cases by the end of this month. am hoping its good news guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users