Photo

how do i track the progress of my visa application?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 squeeze

squeeze

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • uk

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hi,
My Fiancee returned to South Africa on 1st september 2008 and submitted his Fiancee visa application on the 4th September 2008. I would like to know how do i find out about how our application is progressing !!!! We have a 10 week old daughter and i really need some good news ;)

#2 Dani_Frances

Dani_Frances

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4,033 posts
  • au

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

Hi,
My Fiancee returned to South Africa on 1st september 2008 and submitted his Fiancee visa application on the 4th September 2008. I would like to know how do i find out about how our application is progressing !!!! We have a 10 week old daughter and i really need some good news ;)

Hey Squeeze,

Were you given an application number? If yes you should be able to track it here https://www.vfs.org....cantStatus.aspx

#3 squeeze

squeeze

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • uk

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

Hi,

Hey Squeeze,

Were you given an application number? If yes you should be able to track it here https://www.vfs.org....cantStatus.aspx

hi,
my Fiance didn't get an application number, the only reference number we have is his passport number which we believe is the application number for Fiancee visas

#4 Dani_Frances

Dani_Frances

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4,033 posts
  • au

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:07 AM

Hi,

Hey Squeeze,

hi,
my Fiance didn't get an application number, the only reference number we have is his passport number which we believe is the application number for Fiancee visas

The tracking number is generally about 12 digits long. What company deals with the visa applications in SA (eg- worldbridge, Gerrys?), some of these places dont give tracking numbers (I applied thru Worldbridge in Ireland & they dont give them out!), I would unfortunately like to welcome you to the waiting game :P

Best of luck with everything! Hope to read a success story post from you soon!

#5 squeeze

squeeze

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • uk

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

Hi,

Hey Squeeze,

hi,

The tracking number is generally about 12 digits long. What company deals with the visa applications in SA (eg- worldbridge, Gerrys?), some of these places dont give tracking numbers (I applied thru Worldbridge in Ireland & they dont give them out!), I would unfortunately like to welcome you to the waiting game :P

Best of luck with everything! Hope to read a success story post from you soon!

hi Dani,
My Fiancee has found the receipt he was given at the high commission in Pretoria SA but it only states his passport number as a reference. Every time i put this number in on the VFS it comes up as invalid. The application has been in for 26 days now and it feels like a lifetime, how do i find out who deals with the applications in SA?

#6 james786

james786

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • uk

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:03 AM

I am having the same problem.
We were only given 2 numbers in the following formats : GRY-PK-77-333333-X and CHE/555555/444444/6

But I get the following error message : 'invalid search'.
Please help and advice.

#7 casualwalks

casualwalks

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 1,512 posts
  • gb

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:10 PM

Unfortunately, many countries don't offer a tracking service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users