660 replies to this topic

#1 anniewheeler

anniewheeler

• Active Members
  • 10 posts
  • uk

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hi-

Dont know if anyone can give me any advice on this... I entered the UK with a fiancee visa in May and my husband and I were married in July. I sent off my FLR M form on August 20th and they charged me on August 21st. It now been 7 weeks and I have heard nothing! I thought it would be pretty straightforward considering I had permission to come to the UK to marry and settle here!!! Anyone have any idea how long this should take??? Of course the home office wont answer any questions!!! Very frustrated.......

Thanks for any advice

This post has been promoted to an article

#2 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,368 posts
  • uk

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

The HO state that they aim to process applications in 20 working days. They may well have a backlog following the Summer months... a combination of staff holidays, and more marriages during the 'wedding season'.

#3 anniewheeler

anniewheeler

• Active Members
  • 10 posts
  • uk

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

The HO state that they aim to process applications in 20 working days. They may well have a backlog following the Summer months... a combination of staff holidays, and more marriages during the 'wedding season'.

Thanks... it ll be 35 working days this Wed. They said they would contact me if they needed more information- but they havent yet. Is it really impossible to talk to anyone at the HO regarding this??? I have a wedding in Ireland next week... and when the HO said dont make non-urgent travel plans I thought 2 months would be sufficient... I dont know what else to do...so frustrated

#4 dr_moe

dr_moe

• Active Members
  • 51 posts
  • uk

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

Hi-
Dont know if anyone can give me any advice on this... I entered the UK with a fiancee visa in May and my husband and I were married in July. I sent off my FLR M form on August 20th and they charged me on August 21st. It now been 7 weeks and I have heard nothing! I thought it would be pretty straightforward considering I had permission to come to the UK to marry and settle here!!! Anyone have any idea how long this should take???
Of course the home office wont answer any questions!!! Very frustrated....... Thanks for any advice

Same boat really. My wife applied for FLR (M) on 1st Sept and the payment was taken by credit card on the 3rd. No word from the HO and I must say that I'm finding this very annoying. Her application is straight forward, finances not a problem, no documents have to be checked, etc. Yet it is still taking longer than 20 working days. It's ludicrous if you ask me.
I now wish I applied at the PEO. At least I would have my passport with me at this point in time.

#5 anniewheeler

anniewheeler

• Active Members
  • 10 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:43 AM

Hi-
Dont know if anyone can give me any advice on this... I entered the UK with a fiancee visa in May and my husband and I were married in July. I sent off my FLR M form on August 20th and they charged me on August 21st. It now been 7 weeks and I have heard nothing! I thought it would be pretty straightforward considering I had permission to come to the UK to marry and settle here!!! Anyone have any idea how long this should take???
Of course the home office wont answer any questions!!! Very frustrated....... Thanks for any advice

Same boat really. My wife applied for FLR (M) on 1st Sept and the payment was taken by credit card on the 3rd. No word from the HO and I must say that I'm finding this very annoying. Her application is straight forward, finances not a problem, no documents have to be checked, etc. Yet it is still taking longer than 20 working days. It's ludicrous if you ask me.
I now wish I applied at the PEO. At least I would have my passport with me at this point in time.

well i have to say that I find it insanely annoying just waiting!!!!! My fiance visa was approved by post within 3 hours of them receiving it in the US!!!! ANd they needed more information for it!!!
We thought 2 months would be plenty of time- my husband had to request his passport back from the HO- but mine is still there... which means plane tix and hotel will go to waste.... so along with these visas costing £1000 pounds its just more money wasted!!!
cant be more annoyed if i tried..... but good luck!!!

#6 mlrlizard

mlrlizard

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • us

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:13 AM

I'm in the same boat. Entered the UK on a fiancée visa, got married in August 2008, and sent in the FLR (M) the same day we got our marriage certificate from the registry office. Got the letter from the HO saying they received my application August 29th. No word since. It's unbelievable that they still have 20 days listed on their web site, I've searched UK expat boards all over the web, and NOBODY has gotten their spousal visa within 20 days lately. What I hear is that the usual time right now is more like 8 weeks, but nobody seems to know for sure--and of course, the HO won't give you any information until they've had your application for 14 weeks. It's shockingly bad service at extortionate prices, IMO.

Please let us know when it arrives for you anniewheeler, so we can get an idea of how long it's going to take for us. Thanks and best of luck to us all!

#7 nicole1978

nicole1978

• Active Members
  • 115 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:25 PM

I think there is something going on at the HO. Two years ago when I submitted my FLR(M) I got my documents back in exactly two weeks and it was in August (summer holidays etc) but I have been waiting 7 weeks tomorrow for my ILR. Imagine there was no hesitation to take the payment, payment taken next day! I planned to go on holiday on 4 Oct as I thought one month would be enough time for me to get my final stamp but they are dragging their feet! I think if I don't hear anything after 8 weeks I will definitely be very very concerned. My partner would like his passport back as well ( I can't see the reason for keeping his passport) as he needs this form of ID to register with job agencies etc but I keep asking him to hold on a little while longer. My employer is very concerned as well but HO told them that it could take as long as 14 weeks. Good luck to all!

#8 Verulam

Verulam

• Active Members
  • 109 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:39 PM

I think there is something going on at the HO. Two years ago when I submitted my FLR(M) I got my documents back in exactly two weeks and it was in August (summer holidays etc) but I have been waiting 7 weeks tomorrow for my ILR. Imagine there was no hesitation to take the payment, payment taken next day! I planned to go on holiday on 4 Oct as I thought one month would be enough time for me to get my final stamp but they are dragging their feet! I think if I don't hear anything after 8 weeks I will definitely be very very concerned. My partner would like his passport back as well ( I can't see the reason for keeping his passport) as he needs this form of ID to register with job agencies etc but I keep asking him to hold on a little while longer. My employer is very concerned as well but HO told them that it could take as long as 14 weeks. Good luck to all!

I agree..My husband got his 2 years ago as well and he waited just over 2 weeks in the September of 2006. Seems we will have to wait a lot longer for the ILR. :(

#9 anniewheeler

anniewheeler

• Active Members
  • 10 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

I agree..My husband got his 2 years ago as well and he waited just over 2 weeks in the September of 2006. Seems we will have to wait a lot longer for the ILR. :(

I dont know what to do at this point- have wedding next week!!! looks like all this money keeps piling up- dont know how im supposed to contribute to anything in the uk if i cant work!!!! Just so you know you can request your husband/wife s passport back from HO and it wont delaY your application... mine got his back in 5 days as he still has to go to the wedding.. good luck all

#10 nicole1978

nicole1978

• Active Members
  • 115 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

I was told by HO that he can get it back at anytime so if we don't have any news by 8 weeks he will request it then. Why can't you work? I am still working. You have the same status while your application is being decided.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users