3 replies to this topic

#1 Big Poppa

Big Poppa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • uk

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

Hi,

I am in the process of submitting my application for BC via the EM registration form. I was born in HK in 1986 and moved to the UK in 1998 to study. I have been here ever since.

Both of my parents are BNO passport holders.

I believe I am eligible for full BC status, however, I would just like to make sure before I pay the application fee that the requirement to be 'Ordinarily Resident' in Hong Kong is not a problem for me, since although my family still lives there, I have been living in the UK for study purposes for the last 10 years.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this before I send through the form?

Many thanks,

Allan

#2 JAJ

JAJ

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,248 posts
  • ad

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

You'll see a link to a discussion on the Home Office Nationality Instructions:
http://www.bia.homeo...s/nisec2gensec/

Have you got your Indefinite Leave to Remain? If not, and if you're eligible, recommended to apply immediately.

And why on earth did your parents not register you as a British citizen back in 1997?

#3 salwal

salwal

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • hk

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

You'll see a link to a discussion on the Home Office Nationality Instructions:
http://www.bia.homeo...s/nisec2gensec/

Have you got your Indefinite Leave to Remain? If not, and if you're eligible, recommended to apply immediately.

And why on earth did your parents not register you as a British citizen back in 1997?

I am kind of in the same situation. I have been here since 1998 studying i made a mistake through IAS and applied for citizenship straight away..:-( i lost that money.

therefore i went back to IAS as they owe me, now they are telling me that in their eyes i cant get indefinite leave. Is it 5 years or ten for BNo holders to be able to apply for ILR?

Many thanks

#4 JAJ

JAJ

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,248 posts
  • ad

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:33 PM

I am kind of in the same situation. I have been here since 1998 studying i made a mistake through IAS and applied for citizenship straight away..:-( i lost that money.

therefore i went back to IAS as they owe me, now they are telling me that in their eyes i cant get indefinite leave. Is it 5 years or ten for BNo holders to be able to apply for ILR?

Many thanks

Ten years if continuously legally in the United Kingdom. 5 years only in specific categories, such as work permit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users