3 replies to this topic

#1 UK-boy

UK-boy

• Active Members
  • 220 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Hi all,

I have ''Certificate of Application'' of an EEA2-Residence Card). Today, I made a call to UK Border Agency Employers's Helpline to confirm, I can work full time or not even I have Student Visa valid till 2010.
The man whom with I was talking , answerd me, No u can not work full time, u have student visa so u only allowed to work 20h/week.
I explained that, on the Certificate of Application it is clearly mentioned that U r free to work but he said U can't.
My employer also made a call there but they answered, No .He has a student visa so not able to work full time.

is it right what he said to me?

#2 g2008

g2008

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

Hi all,

I have ''Certificate of Application'' of an EEA2-Residence Card). Today, I made a call to UK Border Agency Employers's Helpline to confirm, I can work full time or not even I have Student Visa valid till 2010.
The man whom with I was talking , answerd me, No u can not work full time, u have student visa so u only allowed to work 20h/week.
I explained that, on the Certificate of Application it is clearly mentioned that U r free to work but he said U can't.
My employer also made a call there but they answered, No .He has a student visa so not able to work full time.

is it right what he said to me?

Hello UK-boy

You are so lucky to receive COA within 6 weeks!
It's getting worse and worse with this EEA2 application..
I hope your topic will be answered soon.

Regards,
G.

#3 Pumpkin70

Pumpkin70

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

If you are the non-EEA spouse of a qualified EU national then you automatically attain the rights of residence (same as your EU spouse) from marriage. Hence, you are able to work freely, (irrespective of what your student visa conditions are) including full or part time employment, being self employed, starting your own business or managing a company.
On the other hand, if you have applied as an unmarried partner of a qualified EU national then it may be necessary that you abide by the conditions of your current visa until such a time when the UKBA decides to issue you a residence card. This is because the EU Directive is not very clear about the automatic rights of unmarried partners of EU nationals and leaves it to each member state to decide (to some extent).
I suggest that you read the EU Directive 2004/38/EC to know what your rights are and how the directive has been implemented into the Immigration Regulations (European Economic Area) 2006.

#4 UK-boy

UK-boy

• Active Members
  • 220 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

If you are the non-EEA spouse of a qualified EU national then you automatically attain the rights of residence (same as your EU spouse) from marriage. Hence, you are able to work freely, (irrespective of what your student visa conditions are) including full or part time employment, being self employed, starting your own business or managing a company.
On the other hand, if you have applied as an unmarried partner of a qualified EU national then it may be necessary that you abide by the conditions of your current visa until such a time when the UKBA decides to issue you a residence card. This is because the EU Directive is not very clear about the automatic rights of unmarried partners of EU nationals and leaves it to each member state to decide (to some extent).
I suggest that you read the EU Directive 2004/38/EC to know what your rights are and how the directive has been implemented into the Immigration Regulations (European Economic Area) 2006.

Thank U Pumpkin70. I am non-EEA spouse of qualified EEA national.
I am wonder the people who are on Helpline does not know abut EU Laws. He straight way refused I can't work more than 20h/week.

Pumpkin70, could u plz tell me, where is written in Immigration Rules , if we have CoA then we have the same right as EEA national has.

Thank U for ur reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users