Appeal made on: May 18 2008
Decision : Appeal has been Allowed on Jan 13 2009
Received determination : March 20 2009
Call in Letter Received on: 14 April 2009

Pasport submited on: 14 May 2009
Passport Received on: PENDING
Flite Date to UK on : Dreaming............^_^

What I have done ?

After waiting 2 months i send email to BHC Appeal section and try every possible way.

Who guide me ?

Kid blue & Ansar forum member guide me al ot and also search information from Google & immigrationboards.com

Can I do something for you ?

We'r here for help and share knowledge.

#12 elliep

elliep

• Active Members
  • 65 posts
  • uk

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

Application Submitted 14 January 2009
Type Fiance
Rejected 2 February 2009
Reason Didn't have my divorce certificate although had letter from Sheriff Court stating it was being processed, no permission from my employer for him to live in employer provided accommodation
Appeal Lodged 20 February 2009
Bundle Date 28 July 2009
ECM Overturned Refusal Decision 21 May 2009
Call in letter received 4 June 2009
Passport Submitted 5 June 2009

What did I do?
Email BHC in New Delhi and ask that they review our appeal. Receive email from BHC New Delhi stating that they do not review appeals but send them straight to AIT. Went bananas and emailed BHC requesting that they do their job properly. Contacted my MP and Home Office asking for assistance and answers to the poor service we were receiving from BHC New Delhi.
I emailed BHC New Delhi every week asking them to do their job and review our appeal - we of course heard nothing.
Then I received an email from BHC saying they had reviewed our appeal and had overturned their original decision. We couldn't believe it - still can't - and won't until the passport is returned with visa.

I didn't realise this forum existed until after we applied and appealed - it's been a great support

Never give up. Email the BHC every week asking them for review and re-confirm your objections to the refusal and the additional documentation you have supplied.

Good luck everyone.

ellie

#13 NNK

NNK

• Active Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:44 AM

HI guys!

So my Tier 1 Visa application was refused -- was a big nightmare but i appealed in the end and had my hearing May 5th. The appeal was successfull -- i'm sooo relieved!!!

Visa Type : Tier 1 (HSMP extension)
Applied : January 2009
Refused : March 2009
Reason : Applicant did no satify the requiremetns of the Maintenance of Funds
Appealed: March 2009
Court Hearing Date: May 5th 2009
Decision : May 6th 2009 Appeal has been Allowed
Received determination : May 16th 2009

Have not year recieved call in letter from Home Office.

Details:

My Appeal was lauched from UK. I appealed under EC Human Rights Article 8. I actually still didn't have the three months 800 pounds maintenance in cash form but presented my share account to the judge. It was acceptable to him and he granted the appeal based on the fact that i've been in the UK already for 5 years, still have a job and have established myself here. Sending me back to Canada would not make sense.

Good luck !

#14 Lily

Lily

• Platinum Members
  • 79 posts
  • co

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:05 AM

Application submitted : February 14 - 2009
Type : Tier 1 General - In country
Rejected : April 21 - 2009
Reason : Tax documents 2006 could not be corraborated
Appeal lodged : May 6 - 2009
Hearing day letter : May 23-2009
Hearing Date: June 9 - 2009 at Taylor House
Decision : Appeal has been allowed
Received determination :July 8 - 2009
Progress : They made an administrative error and my case had delays
Received call in letter :Oct 2 -2009 (almost 3 months after decision) :blink:
Passport Submitted : Oct 5-2009
Passport Stamped : Oct 6-2009
Passport Collected : Oct 9-2009

What I have done ?

After the refusal letter, I hired a barrister that fullfiled my appeal application and guided me about the process and was my representative in court. He also suggested me all the new evidence I showed in court. I joined this forum, made a lot of research on internet, and collected as much evidence as I could.

I send faxes and called and complaint after 2 months waiting for the call in letter, the have missed my determination letter and realized thw 18th september.

I sent my passport with a letter requesting speed up my case and adding the HO office appologies , which I think helped

Who guide me ?

I've got lot of help from this forums and sites below, depend on how you search:

Google
Uk Visas
AIT
Adam Reid - Advisa Solicitors : www.advisasolicitors.co.uk

Just let me know.

Edited by Lily, 20 October 2009 - 02:46 PM.

#15 redkitty

redkitty

• Platinum Members
  • 8 posts
  • england

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

Application submitted : 11th Febuary 2009
Type : Highly Skilled Tier 1 - Extension (In-country)
Rejected : 9th May 2009
Reason : Did not provide sufficient evidence of maintenance of funds as the bank statements submitted was more than one month old.
Appeal lodged : 16th May 2009
Hearing date : 29th June 2009 (at Hatton Cross, London)
Decision : Appeal was granted
Received determination letter from AIT : 21st July 2009
Decision : Appeal has been allowed.
Contact with AIT : 4th August my solicitor contacted the AIT to confirm that HO did not lodge an appeal to the decision. Exactly one month later on 4th Sept, I wrote to Home Office's Appeal Implementation Unit (AIU) office in Leeds to enquire about call-in letter.
Call in letter received from AIU : 9th Sept 2009
Passport Submitted : 14th Sept 2009
Passport Stamped : 17th Sept 2009
Passport Collected : 21st Sept 2009

Yippee.

What I have done ?

Hired a solicitor to help me wade through the appeals process however my solicitor does not provide support after the decision letter from AIT has been sent. So now I'm trying to chase the AIU on my own to get my call in letter and to get my visa into my passport.

I waited for four weeks after my lawyer confirmed that the HO had not lodged an appeal or challenge regarding my case.

On 4th Sept 2009, I wrote to AIU office in Leeds requesting for an update on my call in letter and one week later I got the call in letter. Within a week, my visa was processed and I got my passport back.

Who guide me ?

I hired solicitors as I did not want to risk my appeals being rejected or challenged on a technicality again. However my lawyer did not provide services on chasing up after the court appearance. So they only handled my affairs up to the court appearance. Subsequently it was up to me to chase the HO or Appeals

Edited by redkitty, 30 September 2009 - 11:49 AM.

#16 leonac

leonac

• Active Members
  • 98 posts
  • uk

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

Application submitted spouse visa nov 08
Refused nov 08
2nd application submitted jan 09
refused jan 09
Appealed Feb 09
Bundle date june 10 09
Hearing Aug 5 09 adjorned
Hearing september 4 09
Determination Sept 24 09 appeal won
Passport submitted oct 14 09
Visa issued oct 22 09
Arrived in uk october 27 09
:thumbup:

#17 Laazizi12

Laazizi12

• Active Members
  • 53 posts
  • uk

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

Here is my story.

Application submitted : 30th November 2009
Type : Child Access Visa
Rejected : 7th December 2009
Reason : Will provide if needed
Appeal lodged : 30th December 2009
Received call : January 15th 2010
Decision : Appeal Allowed
Passport Submitted : January 18th 2010
Passport Stamped : January 18th 2010
Passport Collected : January 18th 2010
Flight : January 22nd 2010

What I have done ?

Lots of emails/phone calls to the british embassy

Who guide me ?

Myself, husband and my friend.

Email if need anything

#18 isalgado

isalgado

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • gb

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:32 AM

Visa applied for: Working Holiday Maker
Nationality:
Maldives

Date of Application: 26th May 2008
Had to fly to Colombo and cost of staying one week.

Refused: 31st May 2008
Reason: Whole list given basically didnt believe whole application.

Appeal to AIT London: Mid June
Not Lodged by AIT till 10th July due to backlogs

Appeal refused ECO Colombo: 10th October 2008

Court Hearing: 26th November 2008 Newport
No show HO very friendly judge

Prolumugation: 2nd December 2008
Appeal allowed, perfectly credible case he said.

Papers sent to Overseas Embassy by HOPU Cardiff: 11th December 2008
Sounds good but sent to non-existant HC in Maldives!!!

Mistake discovered: 5th January 2009
Difficult to unravel as once AIT let go of process there seems to be no follow through process!!
Anyone who needs help with this do contact me, it was a long tedious process to sort out.

Papers emailed to HC Colombo & Chenai from HOPU: 7th January 2009
HOPU unsure as to who would issue visa
Repeatedly contacted Colombo visa office by phone but they kept telling me no papers were recieved. Started bombarding all email address's with the issue in hand to at least find out who would issue the visa, Chenai or Colombo.

Acknowledgement of Appeal Papers by ECM Colombo: 21st January 2009
many emails later they agreed to issue visa at the BHC whilst they waited, having flown back to Colombo for the day.

VISA ISSUED: 29th January 2009
Initially refused entry to BHC by security despite having names appointments etc. Sent back and forth to visa office other side of Colombo an hour away. Ended up having to send email conversations to security!!!!

Arrived UK: 7th February 2009.

What did I do??

Never give up, my motto is ' there is always an answer'
Email and email. Found the AIT very helpful and informative and efficient.
The process after that was a disaster, had it not been chased by myself as sponsor the allowed appeal would have disappeared into the black hole that is the system.
Read past cases and present any relevant to an appeal judge.

Who advised me?

This forum was invaluable to me, spent many hours trawling through posts and posted several times with good response so thanks to everyone for that. The whole process was an eye opener for me and I wouldnt want to repeat it.
I came to the conclusion that the reason there are so many 'illegals' in the UK is that the system is so difficult to navigate that its the only way to gain entry. My personal view.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting

My wife won her appeal and received her determination in Sri Lanka on the 12 of march 2010 and after waiting 23 weeks we discovered that the embassy in Chennai India still haven't received their copy of the determination, we was shocked and called (tribunals in Stoke On Trent UK) at first they wouldn't speak to us due confidentiality but after a few tries they did which is odd!!!! and the sound of the voice from the customer services staff...... its as if they where suicidal because they are so short staffed stressed and over worked. Its pointless because all they do is give you useless email and fax addresses and you never get a reply from them. I really just don't know what to do any more, i don't know how i am going to trace my documents and India's copy of the determination. I will get a lawyer and see if that will help, this happens to a lot of people i have read many testimonies from other people on other sites, the services are absolutely shocking!

#19 isalgado

isalgado

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • gb

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:17 AM

Here is my story.

Type : HSMP
Visa Applied: April 04 2008
Rejected : April 22 2008
Reason : Will provide if needed
Appeal made on: May 18 2008
Decision : Appeal has been Allowed on Jan 13 2009
Received determination : March 20 2009
Call in Letter Received on: 14 April 2009

Pasport submited on: 14 May 2009
Passport Received on: PENDING
Flite Date to UK on : Dreaming............^_^

What I have done ?

After waiting 2 months i send email to BHC Appeal section and try every possible way.

Who guide me ?

Kid blue & Ansar forum member guide me al ot and also search information from Google & immigrationboards.com

We'r here for help and share knowledge.

My wife won her appeal and received her determination in Sri Lanka on the 12 of march 2010 and after waiting 23 weeks we discovered that the embassy in Chennai India still haven't received their copy of the determination, we was shocked and called (tribunals in Stoke On Trent UK) at first they wouldn't speak to us due confidentiality but after a few tries they did which is odd!!!! and the sound of the voice from the customer services staff...... its as if they where suicidal because they are so short staffed stressed and over worked. Its pointless because all they do is give you useless email and fax addresses and you never get a reply from them. I really just don't know what to do any more, i don't know how i am going to trace my documents and India's copy of the determination. I will get a lawyer and see if that will help, this happens to a lot of people i have read many testimonies from other people on other sites, the services are absolutely shocking!

#20 gbola

gbola

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • england

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Application submitted : March 16th 2011
Type : Settlement Visa
Rejected : May 20th 2011
Appeal lodged : June 2nd 2011
Bundle date : October 26th 2011
Appeal date : December 23rd 2011
Decision : Appeal allowed (written 3rd January 2012, sent out 6th January 2012, received 9th January 2012).
Determination: sent to entry clearance officer in Lagos by email on 18th January 2012
Call letter: Embassy called on 26th January 2012 asking to submit passport
Passport submitted: 30/01/2012
Passport collected: Told to collect passport on 13/02/2012

My advice:
Make sure you choose a good and genuine solicitor. It's a long exhausting process so you just have to be patient.
This website and immigration.com was very useful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users