Photo

If I Buy A House In Uk, Can I Get Permanent Residence Or Extend My Visa?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Van.Persi

Van.Persi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:04 PM

I am here in UK to study for 2 years. If I buy a house, Can I apply for permanent residence? or Does my chance for extending visa increase?

Need more information please..

Edited by Van.Persi, 07 February 2009 - 11:14 PM.

#2 maalik

maalik

• Active Members
  • 35 posts
  • uk

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

I am here in UK to study for 2 years. If I buy a house, Can I apply for permanent residence? or Does my chance for extending visa increase?

hi if u are student u can extend ur visa but baying property i dont thing so.

#3 balajo

balajo

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 904 posts
  • uk

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

If you buy a house, it doesnt help you get permanent residency until you have stayed in the UK the requisite years to obtain ILR. have you?

#4 Arielle

Arielle

• Active Members
  • 71 posts
  • uk

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

If you buy a house, it doesnt help you get permanent residency until you have stayed in the UK the requisite years to obtain ILR. have you?

Hey Van.Persi,
i 2nd ''balajo'' on this one, you may find you struggle to buy a house as you don't have the permanent residence unless you're buying with a British spouse/partner however as a joint application.
Regards

#5 flavad

flavad

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • england

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

hello there mate

am in a similar situation where i bought a property and am applying for ilr but the property does not seem to bother the authorities at all on making a decison about whether i should stay in the country or not because there is no where in the rules that states that by owning a property you are entitled to ilr, i think it can be a contributing factor but nothing significant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users