3 replies to this topic

#1 Afaque

Afaque

• Active Members
  • 26 posts
  • uk

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

I have applied for HSMP Extension under Tier 1 (general) today, 19th March 2009

My Employeer want to see some sort of information about my immigration status and right to work in the UK while my application is with home office.

Is there any infomration / link availble from home office or UKBIA which i can provide to my HR so i continue working with the same job

Any help will be appriciated

regards

Afaque

#2 fyosef

fyosef

• Active Members
  • 31 posts
  • uk

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

It is often not possible to decide an application for an extension of leave until after the

period of leave has expired. To prevent applicants from becoming overstayers

through no fault of their own, section 118 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum

Act 2002 introduced an amended section 3C into the Immigration Act 1971. Section

3C automatically extends the leave of a person who has made an application for

further leave to remain during a period of extant leave. Technically, the leave is

"treated as continuing".

To benefit, a person must have existing leave to enter or remain at the time when

their valid application is made. Section 3C then prevents such an applicant becoming

an overstayer during the period in which their application for a variation of leave

remains undecided and, thereafter, while an appeal against any refusal could be

brought or is pending.

To prevent people becoming overstayers while exercising a right of appeal against a

decision to curtail or to revoke leave to enter or remain, section 11 of the

Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 added a section 3D to the Immigration

Act 1971. When leave to enter or remain is curtailed or revoked, section 3D extends

it while an appeal could be brought or is pending.

It is often not possible to decide an application for an extension of leave until after the

through no fault of their own, section 118 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum

Act 2002 introduced an amended section 3C into the Immigration Act 1971. Section

further leave to remain during a period of extant leave. Technically, the leave is

"treated as continuing".

To benefit, a person must have existing leave to enter or remain at the time when

their valid application is made. Section 3C then prevents such an applicant becoming

an overstayer during the period in which their application for a variation of leave

brought or is pending.

To prevent people becoming overstayers while exercising a right of appeal against a

Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 added a section 3D to the Immigration

Act 1971. When leave to enter or remain is curtailed or revoked, section 3D extends

My Employeer want to see some sort of information about my immigration status and right to work in the UK while my application is with home office.

Is there any infomration / link availble from home office or UKBIA which i can provide to my HR so i continue working with the same job

regards

Afaque

#3 Afaque

Afaque

• Active Members
  • 26 posts
  • uk

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

Many thanks for this information. Is there any link or document available on UKBA website which can state that ?

"treated as continuing".

brought or is pending.

"treated as continuing".

brought or is pending.

regards

Afaque

#4 vinny

vinny

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7,809 posts
  • th

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

Do you need permission to work in the UK? > During application, can I work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users